Official Thai verion please find at Thailand: PM Regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree
Notification issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, B.E. 2005
Pursuant to the declaration of emergency situation in Bangkok,
In order to promptly resolve the emergency situation and prevent from the worse situation, by the virtue of Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, B.E. 2005 which is the law prescribing some provisions regarding the restriction of rights and liberties of people and Section 29 in conjunction with Sections 32, 33, 34, 36, 38, 41, 43, 45 and 63 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand allows to do so. By the virtue of law, the Prime Minister issues notifications;
- To prohibit the assembly or gathering of persons at any place more than five (5) people in the area of Bangkok or the commission of any act which may instigate disorder;
- To prohibit the press release, distribution or dissemination of letters, publications or any means of communication containing texts which may instigate fear amongst the people or is intended to distort information which misleads understanding of the emergency situation to the extent of affecting the security of state or public order or good moral of the people in the entire Kingdom;
- To prohibit the use of routes or vehicles or prescribe conditions on the use of routes or vehicle, as specified by the Chief Official;
- To prohibit the use of buildings or enter into or stay in any place or prohibit to enter any areas, as specified by the Chief Official;
- To evict/migrate from the specified areas for the security of people or to prohibit any person to get in the area, as specified by the Chief Official.
In this regard, the Chief Official responsible in remedying the emergency situation may prescribe time condition in the implementation of the Notification or conditions in the operations of officials, as seemed fit, in order not to have the operation that cause unnecessary distress to people.
Therefore the regulation is effective from now,
Declared on the 2nd of September 2008